Friday, December 7, 2007

A Christmas WHAT?

So I get this email from my little sister and she says "Insert your own answers and post it on your blog." I figured, she's done enough things I've told her to do, in the past, so I might as well amuse her this time. It'll make her feel important. Hey, Tam, I sure could use some Kleenex and Oreos right now. Here's lookin' at you, kid.
-------------


Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Both. I wrap until I'm tired (always late on Christmas Eve, which this year might be a problem, as we have a 10:30pm church service) then I finish with gift bags. I'm a procrastinator extraordinaire!



Real tree or artificial?

Artificial. I love the smell of real, but hate the gouge marks I get from continually removing the psychotic cats from their sleeping positions on the lower branches.



When do you put up the tree?

We usually try to set it up right after Thanksgiving. We couldn't this year, because we had an after-parade chili supper for our fellow Ron Paul supporters. This year, it was up, and safely secured to the wall so Gabe won't knock it over, on December 5th.



When do you take the tree down?

I like to have the remnants of Christmas Past removed by January 2nd. However, as described here, that sometimes doesn't happen.



Favorite holiday theme?

Hmmmmmm...whatever trips my trigger at the time.



Favorite gift received as a child?

Probably the Holly Hobby pillow that my oldest sister made and embroidered for me when I was about 8. I slept with it every night, took it to college, and still have it, packed away in a box. It's threadbare now.



Do you have a nativity scene?

Yep, I bought one before I got married, and looked forward to being able to use it with my family. It was just the figurines, so for about 13 years, poor Jesus was REALLY exposed to the elements. I finally broke down and bought him a stable about 3 years ago. Then He smiled at me....pa rum pa pum pum...



Hardest person to buy for?

Usually, Gabe. He has Angelman Syndrome
and a list of other medical diagnoses, and we have to be quite selective in what we let him play with, since he likes to chew everything. We buy him a lot of his favorite snacks for gifts.



Easiest person to buy for?

Without a doubt, my Savannah. She prepares a list weeks in advance, and includes an array of choices, in an array of price ranges. She's also quite content if I pick things on my own for her. I have pretty good taste. (After all, I married Tom!)



Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I don't recall any really bad ones, but I DID have a sort-of high school boyfriend give me a ring (not for Christmas) that...Ok, try and picture this - it looked like a bubble gum machine ring, the kind that aren't connected so that fat fingers can still wear the treasured bauble...only the bauble in question was...well, it appeared to be...an upholstery button from the back of a plaid couch.........it was the strangest thing I've ever seen in the jewelry of life. I'm laughing my head off just thinking about it! Ah, Duane....How ARE you, anyway? Let's just say, I would have been fine without having to "Meet the Robinsons".



Mail or email cards?

Huh?



Favorite Christmas movie?

I have been in love with Jimmy Stewart for decades. Ronald Reagan knew him. Need I say more?



When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Sometimes the day after Christmas. Sometimes two weeks before. It depends on our budget.



Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Probably...at least to Goodwill.



Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Buckeyes. Buckeyes. Buckeyes. And sometimes, hard cinnamon candy.



White lights or colored on the tree?

Usually white. It depends on how I decorate the tree. We currently have a pre-lit (in white) tree. Try it, you'll looooooove it!



Favorite Christmas song?

I will listen to just about anything Christmas. I take that back. If it's a currently popular, typically stupid, secular artist wailing about Lost Love at Christmas, I puke. And go look for my Osmond records. Donny and Marie....now THERE's some Christmas music! "It never snows in LA, so Santa don't bring me a sleigh, I'll leave a key by the door, cause there's no chimney anymore...." Ok, Tam, join in here...(and please correct my misunderstood words...I don't have the lyrics in front of me, you know)



Travel for Christmas or stay at home?

I like both. I lean toward staying home, though.



Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?

I'm a little leary of a reindeer who prances. And Comet is a toxic substance.



Angel on the tree top or a star?

A blue angel, right now.



Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Christmas Morning.



Most annoying thing about this time of year?

How stressed people get over the spending they feel obliged to do; people who act like Christmas is a chore they have to get accomplished



What I love most about Christmas?

This year, Tom is taking 10 days off work. I like that. I like to sit in the dark with Tom and stare at the lights on the tree and.....(censored)....

2 comments:

*~Tamara~* said...

"Remember where you are...You'd better bring your car! 'Cause Santa, there's no snow is L.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!!!"

Oh ho ho...Duane. Hadn't thought about him in a LONG time. Bwah ha!
Remember when he "got saved" and that meant he could date you now? You hugged him, and he kept his arm around you and said, "I've been waiting for this for a long time." Of course, the preacher was supposed to think he meant getting SAVED, but YOU were supposed to know he meant getting YOU!

Bwah ha!!

Deanna said...

Cackle! I vaguely remember something stupid like that!!