Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pet Detectives and Sharp Sniffers

Why is my cat staring intently at the underside of the rocking chair?
Our cats have been known to kill bats.

This does not bode well.

Did I mention that while I was ill last month, at one point of my sickness, I woke up to find a bat head lying on the floor at the foot of our bed.

A head. Only a head. H-E-A-D.

The cats were so proud of themselves. (I was thankful they didn't decide I needed a close up.)

I would have continued to console myself with the myth that I had hallucinated the entire Draculean episode...

but Savannah sniffed a strange odor last week, and upon following her nose to my dresser, with flashlight in hand, she discovered beneath it...

...the body.

3 comments:

*~Tamara~* said...

OK, you win Grossest Post for this week.

Deanna said...

Yes! I love it when I win something!!! Do I get the bumper sticker?

*~Tamara~* said...

Of course! It will say, "My kid found a bat under the dresser."

It will go great with the "My kid beat up your honor roll student" one.

Ha!!!